How to unroot the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Sometimes you need to go back to factory settings having rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to sell it. Luckily root is reversible and you simply need to just follow this guide to get your device back to running the stock firmware for your Android device.
You can use this guide to unroot all variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Just be sure to download the right firmware relevant to your device variant.
- Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 – T813N (Wi-Fi); T819N (3G/LTE)
- Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2015 – T810 (Wi-Fi); T815 (3G/LTE)
- Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2016 – T719N (3G/LTE)
- Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2015 – T710 (Wi-Fi); T715 (3G/LTE)
The files will need:
- Make sure you backup your tablet before you do this tutorial as this will wipe everything off on your tablet.
- You must have a computer that has Windows.
- You will need the Samsung USB drivers installed on your Windows computer.
- Download the Stock Firmware for your Galaxy Tab S2 depending on your model.
- Download Odin to your computer.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Extract files from both Odin and Stock Firmware over to your computer.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking the executable.
- Click on AP in Odin and choose the extracted stock firmware file.
- Uncheck Repartition in the Odin if it is already checked.
- Make sure both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked in Odin.
- Power off your tablet.
- Power on your tablet by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
- While your tablet is in download mode, plug it in to your computer.
- Odin should show a message saying your tablet has been recognized by showing the COM port it is connected to.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it will start flashing stock firmware on your tablet.
- Wait for the Odin to flash the stock firmware. It may take some time.
- When the Odin’s done flashing the firmware, your tablet should automatically reboot.
- The first reboot may take longer than usual but you’ll be back to stock.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is now unrooted and your device back to factory settings.